SeaFirst Insurance Brokers Ltd., the largest independent general insurance brokerage on the Saanich Peninsula and Gulf Islands, is seeking a Claims Officer for our growing business.
SCOPE OF POSITION
The Claims Officer reports to the Operations Manager and has functional relationships with other Claims Officers, all SeaFirst staff, independent and company adjusters, and legal counsel.
- Responds to claims reported, and adheres to established procedures to ensure timely reporting and follow up
- Handles in-house claims adjusting and examining (President to approve final recommendations)
- Coaches and trains claims officer(s) and other staff as required
- Reviews and updates claims reserves & payments
- Reviews and updates open claim status on both in-house and non-Lloyds files
- Maintains Lloyds Monthly Claim Bordereaux
- Handles enquires from external adjusters and legal counsel
- Provides content to the in-house claims manual
- Maintains accurate and timely client records in TAM
- Keeps insurance license current by maintaining required continuing education credits, and maintains compliance with all Insurance Act provisions
The ideal candidate has above average skills in decision making and communication. You are also honest, trustworthy, reliable and able to work collaboratively in a fast-paced office environment.
To be successful in this position you will have proficient knowledge in the following areas: Policy Works, The Agency Manager (TAM), Commercial Liability, Commercial Property, All Personal Lines (including Auto), Microsoft Excel and Word. A level II Broker or Adjusters’ License is preferred.
SeaFirst offers a competitive compensation and benefit package. For a complete job description and more information about the perks of working for SeaFirst please visit the careers page of our website at www.seafirstinsurance.com.
Training will be supplied to the successful candidate. Please send your cover letter, resume and salary expectations to Malena Vroom, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.